Rockford Fosgate Launches Upgraded Punch Full Range Speaker Models At 2015 Product Showcase
Rockford Fosgate (www.rockfordfosgate.com), the industry leader in high-performance audio systems, is proud to announce that it has upgraded its acclaimed PUNCH full-range speaker family for 2015. Rockford will unveil the new coax and component systems during its annual Product Showcase, held at The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino (Artist Ballroom) in Las Vegas, Nev. from Jan. 6-8, 2015. The P1650 (MSRP $99.99), P165-SE (MSRP $199.99), and P165-SI (MSRP $249.99) are scheduled to ship Q1.
“Our 2015 PUNCH coax and component speakers are a true 6.5-inch driver featuring our new FlexFit 2 mounting system,” explained Jake Braaten, Rockford’s V.P. of product development & engineering. “This new revolutionary holes and slots mounting pattern was designed to facilitate direct alignment and mounting in the majority of domestic, European, and other import model vehicles calling for a 6.5-inch speaker. It has a full 165mm outer diameter and a 140mm cutout diameter. This is, of course, important with so many different mounting hole configurations across all vehicle manufacturers.”
Another addition to the PUNCH line is a new 6.5-inch component set with an external tweeter crossover to complement the current Rockford Fosgate model which utilizes an internal crossover. “This allows the installer to choose whichever model works best for their installation application as there are times the tweeter may not be mounted in the same location as the midrange speaker, such as the mid in the door and tweeter in the A-pillar,” added Braaten.
Additional P165-SI, P165-SE, and P1650 features and specifications include:
• Injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone
• Linear high excursion matched motor magnetics and suspension design
• 1-inch treated PEI dome tweeter (P165-SI, P165-SE)
• 0.75-inch (20mm) treated PEI dome tweeter (P1650)
• VAST (Vertical Attach Surround Technique)
• Santoprene rubber surround
• Integrated concealed 12dB/Oct crossover Components
• StampCast frame structure
• Discreet dual clamp tweeter mounting system (P165-SI, P165-SE)
• Flush and surface tweeter mounting hardware included (P165-SI, P165-SE)
• Grills and mounting hardware included
About Rockford Corporation
Setting the standard for excellence in the audio industry, the Rockford Corporation markets and distributes high-performance audio systems for the car, motorsport, and marine audio aftermarket and OEM market. Headquartered in Tempe, Ariz., Rockford Corporation is a publicly traded company and manufactures or distributes its products under the brand: Rockford Fosgate(R). For more information, please visit: www.rockfordfosgate.com.